Article III of the Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions for Sexton Mountain Meadows requires approval from the Design Review Committee for the change of roofing materials and/or color.
The 2006 Amendment to the Declaration of Protective Covenants and Restrictions for Sexton Mountain Meadows relative to roofing reads as follows:
- cedar shake
- tile materials
- composition shingle simulating an architectural shake appearance. Any composition roof shall be of a style and color approved in writing by the Design Review Committee prior to installation, and shall have a minimum weight of not less than 425 lbs. per square. In no event shall a minimum 3-tab style composition shingle or basic metal roof be allowed on any House or structure.
- other approved product simulating a shake or tile appearance. Any product other than cedar shake or tile, or any product involving a change in color, shall be approved in writing by the Design Review Committee prior to installation or the securing of any municipal permit.
A completed Design Review Committee (DRC) Application must be completed and signed & dated by the applicant.
If you are using a product line that has not been previously approved by the DRC, you must submit the following items in addition to the completed DRC Application:
- Product Brochure clearly defining the weight per square of the intended product.
- Your color choice.
- Product Sample Board (can usually be obtained from your contractor or their supplier).
If you are using a product line that has been previously approved by the DRC (see list below), you only need to submit #1 & #2 above, in addition to the completed DRC Application.
The following roofing products have been previously approved by the DRC, but still require review and approval with a completed Design Review Committee Application:
- Certainteed Presidential TL Ultimate Shake (480lbs per sq.)
- PABCO Paramount Advantage Heavyweight Signature Cut Shingle (430lbs per sq.)
- Owens Corning Woodmoor Collection (465lbs per sq.)
Required information may be delivered to any Board Member for distribution & review for the purpose of obtaining majority approval by the Design Review Committee.