Frequently Asked Questions


Submit a Question

Q: What are the HOA Dues?

A:Dues are currently $40 per year, payable to SMMPCA. Payments are to be mailed before June 1st each year to:

6107 SW Murray Blvd., #187
Beaverton, OR 97008

To view the most recent Dues Assessment: [ click here ]

To pay your assessment online with Paypal: [ click here ]

Q: I am painting the exterior of my house. Do I need approval from the Home Owners Association (Design Review Committee)?

A: If you are changing the colors of the exterior of your home you are required to obtain approval from the Design Review Committee (DRC). If you are not changing your existing colors, you do not need DRC approval. See the “Repainting” page (under “Maintenance” on the menu)

Q: I am adding an addition to my home. Do I need approval from the HOA (DRC)?

A: Yes. You are required to submit plans for approval prior to the commencement of any work. See our “Remodeling” page (under “Maintenance” on the menu).

Q: I am re-roofing my house. Do I need approval from the HOA (DRC)?

A: If you are re-roofing your home with either Cedar Shake shingles, or Tile, you do not need DRC approval. If you are re-roofing your home with composition shingles under the new allowance for a composition shingles, you are required to submit the product and color to the DRC for approval prior to the commencement of any work. See the “Reroofing” page (under “Maintenance” on the menu).

Q: I am going to be doing some landscaping. Do I need approval from the HOA (DRC)?

A: Yes… if you are going to be doing any re-constructive or major landscaping that is visible from the road including but not limited to:

  • Sidewalk, patio, porch, deck, and/or driveway re-configuration, retaining walls, raised planter boxes, fences, water features, lawn removal, fixture installation, etc.

As a general rule, if you are replacing landscaping with essentially the same thing, you do not need DRC approval (it never hurts to check). If you are landscaping in areas not visible from the road, you do not need DRC approval, providing your changes do not create a nuissance to neighboring properties.

Q: I would like to replace all or part of my fence. Do I need DRC approval?

A: Yes. Complete a Design Review Committee Application, and don’t forget to include the color you plan to paint or stain your fence in your application. Article III, Section 6F states that no fencing shall be installed in the Front Yard and that no chain link fences in any form are permitted. All fencing shall be of a type, style finish and color so as to be compatible and in harmony with an adjoining property. All fences shall be of the “good-neighbor” style and shall be painted or stained immediately after installation (weather permitting).

Q: I have a commercial logo on my vehicle, own a boat, trailer, or drive a commercial box van. Am I allowed to park these vehicles in my driveway or on the street?

A: No trailer, recreational vehicle, boat, camper or pickup coach, truck, heavy or light equipment, motorcycle, tent or commercial vehicle shall be placed, maintained, erected, or constructed for any purpose on any Lot, or in any area or part of Sexton Mountain Meadows including streets and access ways except such vehicles that can be or are stored completely within fully-enclosed structures so as to not be visible and are not used for living purposes.

Q: The sidewalk in front of my home is uneven… what can I do?

A: Here are a few things to look for when examining your curbs and sidewalks:

  • Sidewalks with panels that are more than 1/2 inch higher than the panels they are connected to.
  • Curb pieces that are less than 2 feet long.
  • Curb and gutter sections that are cracked, broken, or separated from the paving by more than 1/2 inch.

These conditions will require some repair. Repair of the sidewalks and or curbs may require a special permit from the City of Beaverton. For more information please contact the Site Development Division at the City of Beaverton at 503-526-2552.

Q: Am I allowed to put a satellite dish on my home?

A: The newer, smaller satellite dishes that companies like “Dish Newtork” install are acceptable. However, the older massive 7′-8′ satellite dishes are not allowed within the neighborhood.

Q: A neighbor is not taking care of their property. What can I do?

A: We are a complaint driven association, and our goal is to always accomplish reasonable solutions for all complaints. If you feel that a neighbor is not taking care of their property in a manner that conforms with the rest of the neighborhood, or that they may be in violation of the SMMPCA CC&Rs, please contact any SMMPCA Board Member and the SMMPCA board will research and address the matter.

Q: My neighbor’s dog barks too much? What can I do?

A: There are thousands of complaints a year about barking dogs in Washington County. Excessive barking is a violation of County ordinance. The County code states that it is a violation for a dog to disturb the peace, comfort, or health of any person of reasonable sensitivity by making loud, long, unnecessary and continuous noises. If a dog barks more than 5 minutes of any 15 minute interval during the day, that may be considered a violation of County code.

We always suggest that people who are disturbed by the barking talk with the dog’s owner first. Often, the dog’s owner doesn’t realize that the dog is barking when the owner is away. Sometimes, the problem is solved with a simple discussion.

If talking directly doesn’t work, consider mediation. The Beaverton Dispute Resolution Center is a free service and is successful at calming down both sides of this issue and helping people resolve their differences. They can be reached at 503-526-2523 or emailed at

If talking with your neighbors directly and using mediation don’t work, you may consider filing a Civil Infraction.


Q: I would like to become more involved in my Association. How can I contribute to the well being of our neighborhood?

A: The board is always looking for individuals to contribute to the good of our neighborhood. Please contact any SMMPCA Board Member to find out how you can become involved in your Association.